Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Splash of color


One of the best things about summertime is all of the yummy colorful fruit that I tend to buy.  The produce section is the first part of the grocery store that I walk into and what inevitably happens is the grocery cart becomes a rainbow of food.  From kiwi to bananas to peaches to watermelon.  You name it and it probably gets put in the cart.  So one of my last bakes of the summer became watermelon cupcakes.  My oldest daughter loved this idea and she even decorated her own.  I have found that I really enjoy baking cupcakes, they are so easy and fun to decorate.  Plus there are so many things you can do with them.  
Cupcakes: Vanilla
Icing: Cream cheese tinted with read and green gel food coloring
Topping: mini chocolate chips to look like the seeds 



No comments:

Post a Comment