Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to school


August........the end of summer and the beginning of a new school year.  This month is always bittersweet for me because it means leaving my daughters whom I have been able to spend all summer with only to get ready to spend the next 10 months with 100+ teenagers who for the most part hate English and Reading and would rather be doing something "fun."  Even so, I love my job and always look forward to the beginning of school and the new opportunities that come with it.  This year I decided to bake cupcakes for all of the amazing teachers and staff that I work with.  I found the idea for these cupcakes online and thought it would be a perfect way to start off the year.  This is also the first time I had to bake this many at once (6 dozen)!  Hope you enjoy the pictures :) They were delicious!!!
Cupcakes: Devil's food
Frosting: Cream cheese frosting covered in red and green sprinkles, chocolate sprinkles for the seeds, pretzel for the stem, and mint leaves.





No comments:

Post a Comment