Sunday, August 1, 2010

June 2010



I had been thinking about my goal for the summer long before school was out and I was so excited to finally get started!  I went to the store and bought a few things that I needed for the cake and then headed home to BAKE :)  With two children though, alone time becomes limited so I had to plan and do the first cake in steps. Step 1:  Make the marshmallow fondant and let it sit overnight.  Step 2: make the cake during nap time.  Step 3: Decorate the cake after the girls go to bed.  Although it was a longer process than I had imagined, I was pleased with how it turned out and it was so much fun to make! 
So here is my first cake........small and not too complicated.  By my daughter’s request I needed to put pink polka dots :)

Cake: Devil’s food
Icing: Butter cream covered in marshmallow fondant




    No comments:

    Post a Comment