Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Beth






I first met my mother-in-law on her birthday about 9 years ago.  My husband and I had met at work and we had just started dating.  I remember going to eat dinner at Harpoon Louie's in Riverside along with my future sister and brother-in-law.   We had a great dinner and things took off from there.  My mother-in-law is wonderful! She is always there when I need her and she loves to come and see all of her grandchildren.  I feel very lucky to have her live close to us so the girls can grow up and appreciate her as much as I do.
I love this cake. It has four layers--2 are Devil's food, and 2 are yellow butter cake.  The cake is covered in buttercream icing with a layer of fondant on top.  I wanted the cake to have a more elegant look, so I choose the colors green and black to decorate with.  

















No comments:

Post a Comment